Recruiting and retaining employees is a vital component in the success and development of every business. Organisations are under a great deal of pressure to get it right first time to ensure they operate efficiently and cost-effectively within current employment law legislation.
At OHBM we help businesses stay up to speed with government legislation such as the Equality Act, supporting and advising you throughout the decision-making process. We’ll make sure you meet your legal requirements every time, advising you on the following:
- Identifying prospective employees’ potential fitness for the job.
- Identifying any pre-existing medical conditions which may create a legal duty under relevant legislation, such as the disability provisions of the Equality Act 2010.
- Enabling you to make reasonable adjustments to the role if necessary.
- Ensuring that any medical conditions do not pose a safety risk to themselves or others.
- Identifying Health Surveillance Programmes, where job hazards have been identified as causing a foreseeable risk to health.
The assessment consists of an on-line questionnaire that is relevant to the job. Where roles have few occupational health risks, and the employee has not indicated any positive answers, the assessment is concluded at this point and the business receives a Fit Certificate to this effect.
Roles which have positive comments and/or also require Health Surveillance will be conducted face-to-face.
The results of a paper screening assessment will be fed back to the potential employer within 24 hours. Face-to-face screening reports will be presented on the day of the assessment.
For a free, no-obligation review of your organisation, contact OHBM today.